Friday, April 25, 2008

AP News Feed Crisis Continues (Temporarily)

The Public Editor's office at The New York Times responded to my question, and I'm so excited! (Cause I'm a total nerd.) Here it is!

Dear Ms. -------,

Thank you for writing. I sent your message to the Website for some explanation. Here is what they said:

Due to technical changes in the format of headlines provided by The
Associated Press, The New York Times has temporarily removed them from
the home page. They are still available on the site at this Web
address:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/aponline/


My understanding is that temporarily, is the key word. I'm told that once the technical issues are resolved, the AP feed will be back on the home page.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Michael McElroy

Office of the Public Editor
The New York Times

No comments: