Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Sleepless in the City

I shouldn't be stressed out anymore. But I still am. I knew winter quarter wouldn't be any fun with the whole being-stuck-inside-because-it's-colder-than-a-witch's-tit-outside and having-tons-of-work-that-never-relents, but I didn't expect the basic struggles that I am now facing...

I've never fought my body so much to be healthy. When I feel a sickness coming on, I have to tell my body it's not going to work... Talk about mind games.

I've never had to fight to sleep. This dorm has increased about 20 decibels since we got back from winter break. I'm tired of it. Literally. I'm exhausted. Last week, I considered going down to the common room to sleep, but stopped myself only after realizing I'd have to unplug my alarm and things on my dresser might fall off.

In good news, my paper is done. I'm happy with it, other than that last paragraph that's a little on the sketchy side. Now that this is done, I can start my philosophy paper!! AND my prison song research paper! YES! I love work! Oh, did I mention that I should have read about 300 pages this weekend in my romance novel and my book ON reading romance novels? Oops. Oh well. We'll see how lost I am today.

In other good news, I love my mom and dad. I'm so happy I have a good relationship with them, and I'm even happier that college has improved our relationship further.

I'm not sure if this is good news or not, but I'm on my way out the door to go to Evanston to Osco-it-up, Barnes and Noble freak-out, and do the ultimate-pick-up of dry cleaning. Sweetness.

No comments: