Thursday, June 19, 2008

Other countries continue to confuse me

Apparently it's The United States is Like This and Everyone Else is Like That Week. The lessons keep coming.

While Americans might feature children playing in streets to stop speeding, or photos of cut-up unborn babies to curb abortions (I know, because a whole lot of those signs got put up outside my window on a hot, muggy July day last year. Thanks for the nightmares, church across the street!), the French use refined fashion icons like Karl Lagerfeld to get the point across about... well, I'm not sure about what actually. Safety vests?

Still, just like that Russian video, I have many questions, like:

  • Isn't Karl Lagerfeld German?
  • Are those OJ Simpson gloves?
  • Are all French people supposed to wear safety vests everywhere they go now?
  • Is this viral marketing for French first lady Carla Bruni's newest album?
  • Or, why not just use Provencal fashion designer Christian Lacroix's out-there designs to stop traffic? Believe me, it'll work. See below.


















((Translation: It's yellow, it's ugly, it doesn't go with anything, but it can save your life.))

No comments: