Monday, October 4, 2004

An Open Letter to God

(Upon Spending Hours in Library and After a Late Beach Walk Full of Introspection the Previous Night)

Monday, October 4, 2004

Dear God,

Please don't let me become just another college student on her way to just another grad school, who will ultimately lead just another suburban-working-mother life. Help me make my life interesting and fill it with the unexpected. Remind me when my eyes glaze over with humdrum existence that a world lives outside of me, begging to be breathed in, exhaled, and experienced. Shake me at my foundation and challenge me daily.

Help me make my life extraordinary, if only for the reason that I lived it.

With much love,

CC

PS. Good job with that whole running the world thing. I'm very impressed. Oh, and could you maybe throw a vote left in this upcoming election? Thanks!

No comments: